What to Write in a Christening Card
If you’re looking for a little help and inspiration with what to write in a Christening card we’ve made a few suggestions below (these can be tweaked for Naming Day messages too as many of the messages are non religious too). Before you decide on what to write you’ll need to decide whether you’re writing the message to the child’s parents or to the child.
If you are the godmother, godfather or supporting adult in a naming ceremony, you might want to write the message to the child – perhaps the parents will keep the card in the baby’s memory box for years to come!
To my special Godson on your christening day.
I am so honoured and proud to be your Godmother. I make my promises to you that I will love you, help guide you, encourage you, listen to you, be there should you need me and always hold you in my thoughts.
With much love on this special day, your Godmother Sally x
To my beautiful Goddaughter Rosie,
With lots of love on your special Christening day. I am very honoured to be your Godmother and proud to celebrate this wonderful day with you. On your journey through life, I promise to always be there for you – encouraging and listening to you.
I look forward to sharing and making lots of happy memories with you in the future,
Love your Godmother Alison x
To our special Godson on your christening day – we make our promises as Godparents to help guide and support you in your faith. We will always pray for you and wish that your christening blessing today be the first of a lifetime blessed with much love and happiness.
from your loving godparents, Christine and James xx
Dear Sally, John & Harry,
Congratulations on baby Rosie’s Christening. Hope you all have a wonderful day and wishing you all a life blessed with love, health and happiness.
Alison, James and Jake xxx
Dear Sally and John,
Many congratulations on the christening of baby Rosie. May you be filled each day with patience, strength and wisdom to enjoy raising Rosie into her promising future.
With lots of love
Susan & Peter xx
Need a Christening Gift? Here’s our Amazon Recommendations:
If you’re looking for a gift for a Christening, we’ve got our Top 10 Christening gift ideas on another blog post (see Top 10 Christening Gifts) but here are a few examples we really liked for keepsake gifts and have either bought them ourselves or been bought them as gifts.
Please note disclosure: This article contains affiliate links to Amazon – if you buy something through the link you won’t pay a penny more but we may get a small commission – thanks if you do this!
Christening & Naming Ceremony Message – some more ideas:
- Congratulations on your special christening day. Wishing you a life blessed with much love and happiness.
- Wishing you a life blessed with love, happiness and prosperity
- Christening wishes to bless you with a life of love and happiness
- With love on your Naming Day – wishing you a life filled with love and happiness xx
- Always in our thoughts and in our hearts, love Grandma and Granddad
- To our special Godson (or Goddaughter) on your Christening Day, with lots of love your Godmother Susan xx
- To celebrate the Christening of our beautiful Goddaughter – 20th August 2006
- With love on your special day – Christening wishes to bless you with a life of happiness
- On your special day with lots of love from your Godmother Katie xx
- Thinking of you, with all our love Sue, Joe and Oliver xxx
- To our beautiful daughter who brings us so much happiness
- Hugs and kisses on your special day
Our Personalised Gifts
Your christening card is a wonderful statement of how much you love both the parents and the child in question, the card will sit proudly on the shelf for all to see. Perhaps it will be kept in a keepsake box for the future too and every now and then the card can be re-read with your special message.
If you’d like your message of how much they mean to you to be a little more permanent, why not give them a piece of personalised art that they will see everyday. We have created our very own designs to be personalised with a message from you which looks great on their wall and also is a reminder that you are thinking of them.
Take a look at these Personalised Prints, elegant and sentimental – a beautiful reminder that they are loved.